Over the past few months we have seen many companies struggling with returns process flows and supporting technologies. We’re happy to be able to feature an upcoming webinar by Third Wave Business Systems, our partner and SAP Business One specialist, on this very challenge!
Effectively Manage Return Materials Authorization by Third Wave Business Systems
In an ever changing technological world, it is becoming more and more crucial that you have a strong Return Materials Authorization (RMA) process in place at your organization. If you are unfamiliar with the term, RMA provides the capability to issue authorizations, track status, and process materials returned from customers. For example, let’s say a salesperson at your organization took an order for 200 items, the shipment was sent out to your customer, and upon receiving the goods, realized they were shipped the right item but in the wrong color. With RMA, you can easily obtain authorization to return/exchange the product and receive immediate payback and return on investment. Some key features of Return Materials Authorization include:
- Create new RMA documents for item, batch, or serialized returns and expected disposition defaults, providing instant visibility into inbound material returns
- Easily convert RMAs into Customer Returns to create an Incoming Inspection queue to initiate the retuned materials workflow
- Automate inventory transactions through the Inspection disposition process
- Quarantine materials through transfers into separate warehouses
- Automatically create Service Calls for those items requiring service work
- Generate the data required to analyze returns trends by business partner, item, or batch
- Turn data into a proactive tool in addressing product quality, sourcing, or business partner relationship problems
As you can see, RMA helps minimize the costs involved with unauthorized returns and ensure that what is returned is accurately processed and dispositioned. The authorization and tracking processes are independent of standard ERP software functions to provide information about returns without impacting on-hand inventory and financials. At the same time, RMA is integrated with standard business process functions such as Sales Returns, Inventory Transfers, and Service Calls to provide a seamless process flow.
Gain tighter control of your RMA processes, control costs, and turn dissatisfied customers into repeat business. This integration does it all! Click here to register for a complimentary webinar demoing Third Wave’s RMA solution on June 11th from 2-3pm EDT. We hope to see you there!