Senior Developer / Magento
A Senior Developer is responsible for designing and developing robust and beautiful solutions for our clients leveraging the Magento 2 platform. Redstage specializes in complex digital commerce ecosystems, and this role requires a deep understanding of the Magento platform and solution, fundamental ecommerce concepts (catalog, cart, payments, shipping, tax, integrations, etc…), the software development lifecycle, and quality control tools and practices. As a Senior Developer, you are responsible for the quality and effectiveness of the solutions you develop, and for being a trusted colleague to other team members, sharing your knowledge, experience, and passion for ecommerce solutions, software development, and customer success.
It’s quite complex, so a great fundamental understanding of computer science is required. A strong desire to leverage your experience and grow with us is a must.
- 5+ years experience with ecommerce web development projects, working in a client services environment, and building sites from start to finish.
- Proven experience in collaborating with other developers, technical architects, project managers, UX designers, business analysts, and QA analysts. Experience interfacing directly with clients a plus. Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-orientation skills.
- Experience working on ecommerce sites for clients with yearly revenues above $5M.
- Solid problem-solving and analytical skills in complex environments.
- Proven experience in managing complex integrations with customers and third parties in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- 5+ years experience developing client solutions on Magento (3+ years with Magento 2, prior experience with Magento 1).
- Experience with Magneto Cloud.
- 3+ years experience with HTML and CSS development and front-end frameworks, especially as they relate to Magento 2.
- 3+ years experience with API integration and/or custom extension development in Magento 2.
- Proven experience in creating performant and robust solutions, optimizing both server-side and client-side performance.
- One or more Magento Certifications strongly preferred.
- Participating and collaborating in our project methodology and Agile Scrum software development lifecycle as a key contributor.
- Assist technical architects in technical solution definition
- Breaking down and estimating user stories and technical tasks.
- Software development in Magento, PHP, and related technologies.
- Identify and communicate technical dependencies and risks. In collaboration with colleagues on the project, work diligently to reduce technical risks
- Code review and merging of code in source controls systems (such as git).
- Unit testing and demonstrating working solutions for software you develop.
- Mentoring colleagues, pair programming, and code review.
- Documentation of technical solutions.
- Remediation of defects found during testing.
- Assisting in deployments to pre-production and production environments.
- Keeping Agile and project management systems updated with progress and status on daily basis (Jira).
- Learn and adhere to company coding and quality standards and conventions. Follow project-level design decisions and conventions.
- This is a “production” role, and you are responsible for tracking your time on customer projects and meeting your production targets on a weekly basis.