Front-end Developer – WordPress
A Front-end Developer is responsible for designing and developing robust and beautiful solutions for our clients leveraging the WordPress platform. Redstage specializes in complex digital commerce ecosystems, and this role requires a deep understanding of the WordPress platform and solution, fundamental ecommerce concepts (catalog, cart, payments, shipping, tax, integrations, etc…), the software development lifecycle, and quality control tools and practices. As a Front-End Developer, you are responsible for the quality and effectiveness of the solutions you develop, and for being a trusted colleague to other team members, sharing your knowledge, experience, and passion for ecommerce solutions, software development, and customer success.
It’s quite complex, so a great fundamental understanding of computer science is required. A strong desire to leverage your experience and grow with us is a must.
- 3+ years’ experience with ecommerce web development projects, working in a client services environment, and building sites from start to finish.
- Proven experience in collaborating with other developers, technical architects, project managers, UX designers, business analysts, and QA analysts. Experience interfacing directly with clients a plus. Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-orientation skills.
- Experience working on ecommerce sites for clients with yearly revenues above $5M.
- Solid problem-solving and analytical skills in complex environments.
- Proven experience in managing complex integrations with customers and third parties in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Proven experience in creating performant and robust solutions, optimizing both server-side and client-side performance.
- Proven ability to work remotely, remaining communicative and collaborative with other remote team members.
- 3+ years’ experience developing client solutions on WordPress.
- 3+ years’ experience with API integration and/or custom app development in WordPress.
- Experience with Shopify, BigCommerce, and Magento 2 is also great!
- Limited working English proficiency or higher.
- Participating and collaborating in our project methodology and Agile Scrum software development lifecycle as a key contributor.
- Assist technical architects in technical solution definition.
- Software development in WordPress and related technologies.
- Check in, merge, and manage code that you develop in git, and keep team consistently updated on progress via Jira and other project management tools.
- Identify and communicate technical dependencies and risks. In collaboration with colleagues on the project, work diligently to reduce technical risks.
- Unit testing and demonstrating working solutions for software you develop.
- Remediation of defects found during testing.
- Assisting in deployments to pre-production and production environments.
- Learn and adhere to company coding and quality standards and conventions. Follow project-level design decisions and conventions.
- This is a “production” role, and you are responsible for tracking your time on customer projects and meeting your production targets on a weekly basis.