A Front-end Developer is responsible for implementing compelling and performant user experiences and user interface solutions for our clients leveraging the Magento 2 platform. Redstage specializes in complex digital commerce ecosystems, and this role requires a thorough understanding of the front-end capabilities of the Magento platform, expertise with the technical components of a high-performing and cross-browser capable user interface, fundamental ecommerce concepts (catalog, cart, search, payments, front-end integrations, etc…), the software development lifecycle, and quality control tools and practices. As a Front-end Developer, you are responsible for the usability, performance, visual fidelity, and quality of the solutions you develop, for being a collaborative and team-oriented colleague to other member of the project teams on which you work, and for sharing your passion for ecommerce solutions, software development, and customer success.
It’s quite complex, so a great fundamental understanding of computer science is required. A strong desire to leverage your experience and grow with us is a must.
- 3+ years experience with ecommerce web development projects, working in a client services environment, and building sites from start to finish.
- Proven experience in collaborating with other developers, technical architects, project managers, UX designers, business analysts, and QA analysts. Experience interfacing directly with clients a plus. Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-orientation skills.
- Experience working on ecommerce sites for clients with yearly revenues above $5M.
- Solid problem-solving and analytical skills in complex environments.
- 3+ years experience developing client solutions on Magento 2.
- Proven experience in creating performant and robust solutions that work across browsers (Chrome, Edge, FireFox, Safari, etc…) and devices (web, mobile, tablet).
- One or more Magento Certifications strongly preferred.
- Experience with BigCommerce, Shopify, and Salesforce Commerce Cloud a big plus.
- Limited Working English proficiency or higher.
- Participating and collaborating in our project methodology and Agile Scrum software development lifecycle.
- Assist technical architects in technical solution definition.
- Check in, merge, and manage code that you develop in git, and keep team consistently updated on progress via Jira and other project management tools.
- Identify and communicate technical dependencies and risks. In collaboration with colleagues on the project, work diligently to reduce technical risks.
- Unit testing and demonstrating working solutions for software you develop.
- Remediation of defects found during testing.
- Assisting in deployments to pre-production and production environments.
- Learn and adhere to company coding and quality standards and conventions. Follow project-level design decisions and conventions.
- This is a “production” role, and you are responsible for tracking your time on customer projects and meeting your production targets on a weekly basis.