The Director of Technology leads our team of software developers, architects, technologists, QA analysts, and DevOps engineers. Redstage specializes in complex digital commerce ecosystems, and delivering value to our customers requires a strategic thinker that is excited about getting into the details, a technical problem-solver that can see the big picture, and an industry veteran that is hungry to learn something new. This role requires a thorough understanding of ecommerce and digital commerce technology from both the customer’s and the system integrator’s perspective. The Director of Technology establishes, maintains, and evolves the processes and systems of a growing Agile technology team that is laser focused on delivering high-quality customer solutions on our partner platforms. As such, a rich experience with Agile/Scrum, DevOps, the software development lifecycle, software quality controls, ecommerce platform production operations, and team development is a must.
It’s quite complex, so a great fundamental understanding of computer science is required. A strong desire to leverage your experience and grow with us is a must.
- 10+ years experience managing software development teams.
- 15+ years experience in IT services industry.
- 5+ years experience in ecommerce and with one or more of Magento, BigCommerce, Salesforce Commerce Cloud/Demandware, and Shopify.
- Proven ability to innovate and improve processes.
- 5+ years experience with Agile/Scrum.
- Experience managing a large and complex program across multiple global locations.
- Strong ability to effectively manage team growth, both at the individual skills level, as well as attracting and retaining the right talent.
- Strong ability to simultaneously address the numerous activities related to ensuring the health of the Technology program and our delivery capacity (solution quality, customer satisfaction, KPIs/SLAs, team motivation, communications).
- Strong ability to foster trust and build relationships.
- Experience managing teams of 50+ technologists across the globe.
- Data-driven decision maker.
- Innovation, thought leadership, and passion.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Establish and evolve robust software development practices.
- Collaborate with Delivery leadership to create and implement customer engagement methodologies that are effective, efficient, and reduce risk to Redstage and our customers.
- Lead and grow a team of talented technical architects, software developers, quality assurance analysts, and DevOps engineers across the globe.
- Identify and nurture relationships with technology and services partners.
- Attract, develop, and retain talented technologists.
- Lead a “production” team in a matrixed organization, leveraging productivity, efficiency, and delivery quality metrics to create value for our customers and for our business.
- From time-to-time, consult with and architect solutions for our biggest and most complex customers and projects.
- Collaborate with leaders across all functions of Redstage and our parent organization, Fulcrum Digital, to reinforce our position as innovators and thought leaders. Bring new ideas and be ready to turn them into realities